If you don’t know what Jiu Jitsu is, you are missing out! Jiu Jitsu, which originated in Japan, was previously known as Judo or Kano Jiu Jitsu. It was introduced to a now very well-known family in the sport, the Gracie’s, in 1914.
Jiu Jitsu is a combination of grappling, choking, wrestling, holds, sweeps, and much more, making it extremely technical. The Gracie’s took this martial art and turned it into a culture and lifestyle in Brazil. This combat sport has expanded in popularity all over the world since then and now has a huge following.
We’ve complied a list from our coaches and students on what the true signs that you are addicted to training Jiu Jitsu are!
1. You have a collection of GIs in your closet.
White, Blue, or Black today?
2.You try your new techniques on your significant other.
Your loved one suddenly finds them self as your test dummy for new techniques you have learned in class (usually not voluntarily).
3. You catch yourself saying “Oss” to strangers.
If you train Jiu Jitsu, you know what this means.
4. You find yourself wearing your GI pants to run errands.
Not the best look.
5. You suddenly crave an acai bowl after you train.
Brazilians love acai!
6. When the only headphones you can use are Beats by Dre.
The Cauliflower Ear struggle is real.
7. You start speaking with a Portuguese accent and have a Brazilian flag even though you have never been to Brazil.
Never tried Jiu Jitsu before or looking to change up your training? Come try out our Jiu Jitsu classes and get addicted to the art of Brazilian Jiu Jitsu!
October 26, 2017